Monday, September 19, 2011

The First Awkward Blog Post

So...  Every blogger does this stereotypical thing where they create a post explaining who they are, why they are creating a blog, and why everyone else in the world should care.

My name is Eric Beem.  I am creating this blog for a class.  I don't expect anyone to really care about this blog.  In fact, I would expect that other people find me on facebook, or check out my other blog that has cool, fun videos from my trips to Israel and Zambia.  But I digress, because I'm sure that blogging for my class will be a worthwhile activity, and perhaps I will generate something worth reading.  (Insert customary symbol showing that my previous comments are mildly self-depreciating humor:  :)  ).

Other important things to know:
-Why I want to be a teacher:  I've always had a heart for youth, and I want to make a positive impact on their lives.  They are at a time in their lives where they are very mold-able.  There are many positive forces and negative forces at work in their lives, and I want to be one of those positive forces.  I love learning, and I love thinking through relevant topics and talking through them.  I want to share that love with my students.  I am planning on working in a public school environment, and my greatest hope is that the love of Jesus Christ shines through to the students in my life, that though I can't speak to the students about my faith, that they can see it in me.

-My technology proficiency is between tech whiz and pure awesomeness.

-My expectations for the course are to find some new useful tools to integrate into teaching, and I am hoping to have a better understanding of how I can take the things I know about technology and integrate them into teaching better than simply creating a powerpoint or showing a movie.

I am looking forward to a month of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment